Sunday, January 29, 2012

January in Review

  I have to say that I'm pretty happy with how January has gone.  I began the month pledging to recommit to WW, and to get myself back on track.  By and large, the month has been a success.  I set some 6 week goals, which are coming due on Valentine's Day.  I've already exceeded my weight loss goal, and have done pretty well in meeting my behavioral goals.
  The area where I fell a little short was in adding new recipes.  I did add a bunch, and upon reflection think that perhaps my initial goal was a little unrealistic.  I'll work at it during these next two weeks, and perhaps revisit it when it's time to set the next batch of 6 week goals.
  I've started upping my activity a little bit.  This week looks like it'll be a good one for getting in some bike riding, which is great!  Activity is always the biggest challenge for me, and I think it's the thing I have to spend the most time trying to understand and improve.  Some of it is discomfort and some mobility limitations, most of it is pure and simple laziness!  It's hard, and it's uncomfortable, and I feel self conscious (when at the gym or out in public), so I don't do it as much as I should.  I've set pretty modest goals for this first 6-week period, and have been able to meet them, and then some.  So I feel proud of what I've done so far.
  It's been hard work, but it's been worth it.  Being back in control and on plan is the best thing I could do for myself to start off this new year.  So now it's onward to February!

1 comment:

  1. Self conscious . . remind yourself this is for YOU and isn't a fad. Look at how far you've come. You may not be where you want to be but you are certainly so much closer!

    ReplyDelete