Monday, January 16, 2012

Catching Up

  Time goes so fast!  I didn't realize it had been two weeks since I'd posted anything, although I have been keeping my Facebook page updated fairly regularly.  The first two weeks of the year have gone well.  I've been doing the work, and seeing results.  From a scale perspective I've lost 8 lbs, which is a hugely encouraging step in the right direction.  It feels so good to have two weeks in a row with losses - something I hadn't done in a while.
   But more importantly, I've been keeping up with the goals I set for this first 6 weeks of the year.  Having already met my scale related goal, I can focus on continuing on with my behavioral goals.  I have been experimenting with a few WW recipes - added two new keepers to my recipe file:

That's WW stuffed peppers and WW Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore.  I also made a WW baked apple dessert, which I forgot to take a photo of.  I've got two new recipes on deck for this week.  I'm also undertaking a HUGE project to get my recipe collection under control, which will help.  It will involve spending a lot of time on the Recipe Builder (in e-tools) to update PP values, but it will be worth it.
  I've been keeping up with my PT exercises again, which has been a big help already.  When weather permits I've been riding my new trike - can't say how much a difference the new trike makes.  It's so much lighter to ride and more stable, and much easier on my knees.  I even kept up with one of my original ideas, and rode it over to the local CVS when I needed to pick up some things.  This week, I'll be adding in some time with the new Just Dance Wii game I got for Christmas to help bolster activity points.  The goal for this week is at least 3 20 minute sessions.
   So that's where I am right now, feeling much better for having taken control and stopped making excuses.  There's lots of work to be done, and it won't always go so well, but it's good to have my head in the game once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment