Friday, April 8, 2011

The Great San Francisco Countdown Begins

   Okay, so....  I'm getting on a plane in 9 1/2 weeks (hey wasn't that a semi-dirty movie back in the day?) to go visit my niece in San Francisco. This will be the first time I've flown in over 8 years, and I'm a bit nervous about it.  While I'm definitely at a lower weight than I've been on any previous flight (with the exception of my honeymoon, when I was probably 25-30 lbs lighter), it's still a little nerve wracking.  My weight distribution is different than it once was, and I carry a lot in my lower belly (or the "apron" as I've seen it called") which hasn't shrunk in proportion with the rest of me.  Although it's quite a bit smaller than it used to be, so yay me!  My wish is to not need an extender, but I've used them before, so it's not a big deal.
  I would love to hit the 100 lb lost mark by the time I leave.  That would require me to lose 15.2 lbs in a little over 9 weeks.    Based on my weight loss history, that's a pretty aggressive goal - just over a pound and a half per week.  So while I'm writing this, I'm also devising a strategy in my head that I'll be committing to paper a little later on to help me reach this goal.  I'm including all the all-star elements of successful weight loss - menu planning, activity, lots of water and tracking!  I'll also be using this blog and my FB page to keep communicating, since I think it's going to be key in my adherence to the battle plan!
More to come!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! What a great goal. And 9 1/2 weeks.... no, don't go there, Reen ... almost a whole 10 weeks before your big trip. You've totally got me on your team cheering you on.

    I love the fact that you're blogging now. It's been such a great tool for me. I'm convinced that it was an important ingredient in my "recipe for success" to continue my journey to get to goal, and now I'm addicted. I've met some great new friends and contacts, found new interests, and everyone has always been so supportive.

    And you're so right, communicating is definitely key.

    Look forward to reading your posts, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete