Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Catching Up

   So we had an earthquake yesterday...first one I've felt in almost 20 years, and definitely a strange experience.  And now it looks as though Hurricane Irene may be popping in for a visit this weekend.  Kind of a bummer, since Dave and I were going to be in Wildwood for the Wild Half Marathon, which he's been training for like crazy.  All indications currently point to a washed-out trip.  The upside is that Dave's brother and his wife will be staying over for a few days, so we'll just hunker down, play some games, and enjoy the company!  I suppose I should be doing something in the way of preparedness, so I guess that will be part of the agenda for tomorrow.
   So as an update to my last post, I'm still waiting for my quote from the landscaper, but feeling happy that things are in motion.  Knowing that I started the process has really helped!  And I have an appointment at the salon for Wednesday, which also makes me feel better.  Being that it's 1 am, I clearly haven't gotten total control of my sleep patterns yet, but I've been making great improvements.  And one of the reasons I'm up so late is because I just finished the last load of Mount Laundry... today was a very productive day, so I'm giving myself a pass on being up so late!  And I really wanted to write another post before too much more time passed.
   I've taken a few more baby steps in terms of change - just finished registering for Water Aerobics at the Y this fall.  This should give me a great opportunity to get in some exercise without undue strain on my knees, which will be a big help.  And I did quite a bit of shopping around for new leaders for WW - I haven't completely decided which meeting will be my new home, but I really feel better for having found several really good options.  I'm also in the process of purchasing an adult trike for myself... there are a few steps to be taken before I can make the buy, so I've laid out a plan that should have me out on the road within the next 2 weeks or so.  That's gonna be an EPIC win!
    For now, it's off to bed.  There's a pretty substantial to-do list on deck for tomorrow and Friday.  So good night all and I'll write again soon!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment